Tuesday 3 November 2015

King of the North(ern Open), Supremacy struggle

NO3 is fast approaching and I haven't even decided on my lists yet. At this point I am likely just overthinking this, I can't even count how many games of Supremacy I have played so far and still messing around with different lists. Today I played the mission three times in a row and while it did help me try different lists and see what each was missing, it also showed me that no matter what you do, Infinity is brutally unpredictable. One game, every roll I made was successful against my opponent but in a different game it was the other way around. And there is nothing you can do about that, some games just go bad no matter the list or the opponent or the table. Which makes it difficult to practice more than the different rules of your troops. In NO3 most of the tables are very different and there is always a mix of experiences among players. Supremacy might be the last mission likely, so if I flunk the other two missions, its not like I'll have to worry about facing the people who'll rank in top three. 

I think I have identified the weaknesses of some of the lists I was trying and learned few "not to do" things but the hardest decision for me is if I am going to take William Wallace or not. I do love him as my Lieutenant, to me he represents Caledonia perfectly, but at the same time its not very forgiving when I make a mistake with him. That goes for any Lt but he is about the only Lt in Caledonia I would use aggressively from start of the game. So far my favourite way to use Wallace is in a link team of two Grey Rifles (AP HMG and rifle/T2 shotgun) but I am considering to run him with Volunteers as they can fulfill a similar role and their link is lot cheaper. I have to submit my lists on 7th so I have to decide by end of the week.

By end of this week I should also be a lot closer to finishing my army to a table-top standard, so photos of that should be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment