Thursday 5 November 2015

Tartan day

Tartans take lot longer to paint than one would think. I spent most of the day just painting and I only managed to finish five of them. Still at least three more to go. Keep in mind please these are before any washes or highlight so barely half finished models.


The red one and green one were more or less copied from some of the Corvus Belli studio models, I liked the colours of the green tartan and was looking for something relatively easy for the red. The yellow one is the same tartan I did for my Cameronian, I don't want all of my guys to have the same tartan but I want some troops to be from the same clan. The blue one is based on Modern Pride of Scotland (I think) but mainly I was just using the available blue colours I had. The grey tartan is based on a kilt I bought in York not that long ago but I couldn't find its name. I use it on my Grey Rifles so they have something grey, I prefer metalic armour. 

Next in line is William Wallace, Isobel and Cateran. At some point I probably will do the inside coats of my Scots Guard but haven't decided yet on what tartan, so that will come later. I have lots of models prepped for basing and have to finish that first. 

1 comment:

  1. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it Tartan kilts

    ReplyDelete