Sunday 29 November 2015

My Caledonia from events in Leeds and Stourbridge (2015)

I don't really take pictures during events myself (something I gotta work on) because one of my mates that I go with to events  has a sweet camera and takes lots of pictures, so I kinda just rely on him to snap a few of my army. He has his own blog where he write about building terrain, his armies and posts photos, so check it out if you are interested: http://gribbleygaming.blogspot.co.uk/

I found some photos from Stourbridge event we attended in October and the Northern Open 3 from this month. Here they are and little bit about them:

Stourbridge (October)


This was from the first game in the event and a brutal into to Cameronians for my opponent. My werewolf was first on the crate behind him and chain rifled the Nisses to death, he took a wound from Orc Trooper not in the photo. That was followed by jumping into combat with the poor Fusilier, she was a Paramedic and there was an objective nearby. I did put her unconscious and I think it was the Orc Trooper's second ARO that killed my Cameronian.


I love these markers, they are from Zen Terrain and you can chose between few colours and even what bases you want. I believe this was also during the first game, the marker on the roof was my Cateran and the other in the photo was one of the S.A.S. Forward Observers, there was an objective nearby.


This is actually a really good shot. It was the last game, last turn. It was quadrant control and I needed this quadrant to win. One of my assault S.A.S. was pushing the Remote and the Aswvang through that corridor between buildings. My opponent needed them to live to have more points in that quadrant so he kept Dodging, I was always at better odds when it came to shooting with my weapons. He kept surviving and fleeing until he got behind that corner. With like two Orders to spare, Uxia stood up from Prone (she has been in that corner the whole game), revealed and shot, I can't remember if one or both but she basically killed enough for me to win. Gotta love games where it comes to the last order. 


I am pretty sure this Volunteer was Prone the whole game, only useful to give Orders for my S.A.S. and add some points towards quadrant control.


This is me wearing my Caledonian outfit, I actually also had combat armour and army jumper but it was too hot to play in that. I gotta ask James to take a proper pic of my gear next time!

Northern Open 3 (November)


This is from a first game against Nomads. This Highlander single-handedly held down one of my flanks and was a major contributor for me winning the game. At first he failed to turn around when this drop trooper landed behind him but he lived through the shooting and in my turn killed him (in close combat I believe). Then he took out a different unit with a HMG, using his Chain Rifle which stopped my opponent from taking one of the objectives. The Highlander died in the process but he has done his job. I really love these guys, one of the best ways to spend 6 Points.


Another shot of Cameronian doing what he does best, being a cruise missile. This was taken the turn after (you can see part of the Unconscious token next to him). He came from that alley behind him, where Uxia is, and chain rifle in two direction, hitting like five or six troops and killing at least two or three of them. In some later turn Uxia used the same route and killed three people herself, it was a proper murder zone.


I believe this was in the same game as the photo above, on the other side of the table. My Highlander Grey wasn't really doing much beside holding the flank if someone wanted to risk it.


Here you can see Isobel in a Link Team with Volunteers. HMG in the window, chain rifle on the corner and the other two guys are Paramedics. It was a good position for Isobel to use her T2 rifle against objectives in Lifeblood. Across the balcony she could see three and they were within 16" and from her current position she could see another one. The HMG also had few AROs from that window.
 

Here is the lovely Uxia again, unfortunately not doing anything heroic this time. It was in a second game, last turn for me, I tried to run for the objective to claim it but I was bit stupid with placing my smoke grenades and she got shot by a sniper from across the table. I of course failed to claim the objective as well, so her sacrifice was for nothing. I still love her though, more times than not she works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment