Friday 6 November 2015

What to listen to when painting

I think most people who like to spend lots of time painting would agreed it is good to have some background noise; music or TV and such. I often play some show or films but lately I like to listen to podcasts, either as audio only or on YouTube. What propted me to write this post was finding MayaCast, which while I think I heard about before, I didn't listen to it. And I totally should have! Their shows, at least the latest ones, are over an hour, so they are nice and long. The two hosts have good chemistry and are fun to listen to, so definitely worth checking out:

http://mayacast.com

Some of the other things I like to listen to are:

Dan Carlin - Hardcore History - As the name suggests, this is a podcast about historic stuff, but he has a really cool way of talking about different periods. He has done some amazing series on Genghis Khan, the Roman Republic and World War I. Only the most recent stuff are free and you have to wait a while for new episodes, but it always pays off. I wish I found about it in high school, I'd have paid more attention to history classes!

The Plastic Crack Blog - This is relatively new YouTube channel about Infinity and wargames (and board games) in general. You'll find things like product reviews, battle reports and tutorials how to make custom terrain. Right now they are doing the Operation Ice Storm missions which are good intro to Infinity. Overall it is a pretty good channel.

UNpopular Culture - These guys, Hugo and Jake, they do film and TV show reviews, game reviews and playthrough, and similar stuff. I like how they do really long trailer breakdowns or TV show reviews for each episodes. To me they stand out from other channels with similar content because when you listen to them, its just like talking to two of your mates; swearing, stupid jokes and all the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment