Friday 23 October 2015

Freedom Delivery System: Traktor Muls

I want to make my Traktors very rusty and dirty, more than the studio miniatures. I just think it fits with the whole Ariadna setting more than them being clean and shiny like most of the remotes of the other factions. Well, at least the body. The guns I imagine are something that is replaced often so they would look bit less worn.

I have a way of doing rust on miniatures which I think works well, at least I like how it comes out but I never tried it on vehicles before. So, I am doing the Traktors in two different ways.

This one, I'll do the whole thing rusty to start with and then layer the green on top of it, followed by more damage to the paint in form of scratches and such. So the end result should have very little green on it. I think it could really show this Traktor has been in the service forever.


Then the second Traktor will look bit newer. I am doing the opposite way, I started with green and metal  and will do the rust on top of it across the body.



I haven't decided yet what I'll freehand on them but for now I am leaning towards giving one Caledonia icons and the other one will be USAriadna, since those two I'll play the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment