Monday 31 October 2016

FIASCO 2016


On the Sunday 30th of October, I have attended another FIASCO event with the Leeds Night Owls club, we were also demoing Tanks and Beyond the Gates of Antares. Looking back at my article from a year ago, I have actually learned from the last year's experience! I did prepare leaflets with contact for the Northern Alliance, myself and the club, though now I am thinking I should have also print something about the different companies that I have bought things from for my board, people asked about the terrain often.


And just as I planned a year ago, I do have my own Ariadna themed board that I took there to show off. For the next event like this, I am considering doing like a 50/50 table where I'd have mine on one half and something more future sci-fi themed on the other half, just to show the different kind of boards Infinity can be played on.

Since all my Infinity playing mates were being lazy gits, I have attended this event alone to demo Infinity. I brought everything of Red Veil starter box but the minis since I don't have those painted, though I had Ice Storm minis that were painted for Northern Alliance to use for demos. I also had samples of Caledonia, Military Orders, Japan Sectorial and Morats. Which reminds me, for the next event I should also print a sign that says something like "Would you like to try Infinity?".

I spoke to lots of people about Infinity, showed the different things I had and pointed them to Infinity vendors that I knew were in the hall, but did only few demos. Andy from Ragnarok Games had lots of stock and I also noticed Mighty Lancer Games had Infinity stock too. It was cool to see Infinity being sold!

Also shout out too Yorkshire Renegades who were also showing one of their Infinity tables. Their huge banner stand made me envious, I should look into getting one for myself. Oh and a t-shirt, I need to get myself Infinity/club t-shirt.

This year I did remember to take more pictures during the day too.














No comments:

Post a Comment