Saturday 5 December 2015

Recon 2015

Today I have attended another war-gaming event to spread the good word of Infinity the Game. This one was called Recon 2015 and was in Pudsey Civic Hall in Leeds. It was a quite nice venue and they had large free car park, which was a nice plus. We had a table to demo games on a podium and quite few people came over, I think we did six or seven quick demo games. Everyone enjoyed it and I think we managed to successfully convert some people. It was full of traders too but I didn't have cash on me so only ended up buying spray paints for my terrain. But I was surprised in a good way that some traders started to bring card readers.

The day gave me few idea of how to improve the display next time:

- Play a game, and let people observe and participate if they want to. So far we only set up a board and then had minis around, some of which were for short demo games but most people were happy to just look around and talk to use. Plus having a game to play will make the time go faster and make it more interesting for the people walking around.

- Print outs / business cards, I was actually thinking about doing some after last time but forgot. It would have been helpful to give people something so they can remember Infinity when they get home and all the links to FB groups, CB website and such. 

- Bigger banner, I had Operation Icestorm poster to display but I would really like to get a big banner to make us stand out.

- Bring Icestorm, we talk about it a lot and I always highly recommend it as a great starting box and it was useful to have it for show on FIASCO but I don't have one myself, which I should remedy for next year.

I think I will try poke CB if they have some promotional materials and some UK webstores if they could do like a 5% discount on first Infinity purchase or something.


I also remembered to take few more pictures! Our table on the podium:

Our table set up:


The miniatures we had on display:


I found a first trader with Infinity for sale in person! Can't remember their name though.


We did demos with Morats and PanO, Kurgat with Auto-cannon proved very effective and popular.


The Auto-canon never worked so well in my games as it did during demos!


Caledonian Volunteers set up around the table (we had Caledonia vs JSA set up for second demo game if needed):


No comments:

Post a Comment