Thursday 31 August 2017

Pimp my hut


The most common comment (besides compliments) I had about my board when I take it to events is that it is too green. Which I agree with because most of the terrain is mainly basic army green as I didn't find the time to do further detailing yet, but recently I got around to improve the terrain a bit.

Long time ago I remember someone shared a link to a collection of sci fi posters. I believe it was on Facebook but might have the official Infinity forums as well. Stupidly I did not save that link but around end of July I decided to search for it and found it on Flickr (click here for the album). 

I downloaded the whole album, deleted few, added some of my own and then took it to my local public library where they have really good printers. I think it is a laser printer, it comes out really nice and its not expensive. I printed 9 sheets and it was like £2, so great for budget. 


In total there was almost 300 posters on those 9 sheets but it didn't take as long as I thought it would to cut it all out. I done it in two evenings or so, cutting them out while watching something on YouTube. Thankfully the collection included different shapes and sizes so it wasn't all the same. The posters are just slightly bigger than I'd like them to be when compared to Infinity miniatures but it looks fine on the table and I didn't want to mess with the Print settings too much. I just picked one of the options that placed the most images on one page.


After I had them all cut out I spent another few evenings gluing these to the terrain. I used standard PVA glue and it holds very well. For added effect I cut up someone of the posters or burnt them a little. I have 10 shanty town huts as part of my board and it didn't take long to add posters to all of them. Though I still have much of the posters left, so I will be adding more later. 


I am quite happy the result and it looked good on the Northern Open 10. It certainly added bit more colour to my terrain so its not just green!



No comments:

Post a Comment