Monday 25 July 2016

DIY Tokens

This is not something new but I met some people at the last event I been to who were looking to make cheap tokens so figured I'd do an article about it to share. This is the best way I know of as you can easily make hundreds of good looking tokens in minutes and it'll cost you only around £10.

To do this you will need 1" Circle Puncher, Clear 1" Round Stickers (they can be found as epoxy domes or bottle cap protectors on Amazon/eBay) and printed Infinity tokens. For tokens I recommend the Infinity Marker Sheet Creator, it has all the options and super easy to use. Or you can download them on the Infinity website. Plus you get some tokens on every Infinity box.

It is worth "investing" a little into the puncher. I use the one in the link above and it works like a charm. The first one I bought barely worked properly. For any UK people, I bought the puncher in Range store, but any story with crafts section should have it.


After you have everything, just get your tokens ready. Usually I print out mine in a local library because they have a colour laser printer so it comes out in good quality and costs only 20 Pence per sheet. The ones I am using here are from Haqqislam Remotes box.


The puncher is super easy to use. Just slide the paper in and then, well, punch it! It does help if you keep some paper around the token when you cut them out, it makes it lot easier to position them inside the slot of the puncher.



The clear round stickers already come with some kind of glue on them, so you don't need anything extra. Whatever glue it is, it really strong. I use my tokens a lot and I never had one get lose or anything. I bought them last year (over 7 months ago from posting this) and they still work perfect.

This part is also very easy to do, just stick the sticker onto the token and then press it hard between your palms (or against a surface). I thought it might be tricky to get them fit perfect, but its not.


Even if you need to make 100+ tokens, it should not take you long at all. Soon you'll have all the tokens you need. Even for statuses and equipment your army can't use! I do love these tokens, you get exactly what you need and on the table they look just as good as anything you can buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment